Everything slows down

09 Jan

Saturday was stellar. I had the great morning I described in my last post, dinner was lovely, and my favorite football team progressed in the playoffs. No complaints from me.

Sunday, I went to my first martial arts class in ages. It was exhausting, but it felt good to be back. Then I went ice skating with my friends from said class. That’s where it went to crap.

The skating itself was beautiful, as it always is. The ice was gorgeous and the sunset magnificent. Getting off the ice, however, I caught my toe pick in a crack and fell. Because the skate was securely stuck, my foot didn’t move with me. And now my ankle is broken.

There are two fractures in my right fibula. I’ll find out tomorrow whether I need a full cast or pins, or whether they’ll let me stick with just the boot. Either way, I can put no weight on my foot. After only a few days, my arms are exhausted from the crutches, my ankle and foot are massive, and I am miserable.

I’m back in the office at work today, and I can barely keep my eyes open. The only ride I was able to secure picked me up at 7:15, which meant I had to get up at 6:15, which is very early for me. I woke up at about 4:30 due to pain, but I couldn’t take another dose because it wouldn’t have worn off in time.

I’m going to try to work from home as much as I can. I’m also going to try to avoid whining. There probably won’t be as many posts for the next few weeks, though. Wish me luck and if we don’t talk much, I’ll see you when I can walk again.

Leave a comment

Posted by on January 9, 2013 in Uncategorized



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: